Even if you do not have frequent contact with electrical systems or equipment, some basic information about electrical safety must be kept in mind. Electrocutions and electrical injuries are very common in domestic and other places of electrical involvement. So, here are some basic things you must keep in mind regard to electrical safety.
- At home, it is better that you don’t tamper with electrical equipment unless you have some experience in that area. If you have done a course in that field or are an electrician yourself then you can go ahead and do what you think maybe right. However, if you have no knowledge or sufficiently less knowledge about these things then it id advisable to stay away. Often, we think we know what to do but you actually may not.
- If there seems to be something wrong electrically, in the house then wear protective clothes and gloves. If you are in a construction site then get protective devices for your safety. Find out what are the various protective electrical devices available for bigger spaces and smaller spaces.
- You must also be aware of common electrical hazards. What are the kind of electrical accidents that may happen in your factory or at home. In the case of a factory setting the danger is on a much larger scale and thus you must certainly know what kind of electrical faults may take place and take the necessary precautions before any major accident happens.
- You should know what are the basic effects that electricity has on human body. What kind of clothes to wear when you are near electrical equipment. Know what conducts electricity and what insulates electricity. Always wear shoes in electrically heavy spaces. Most importantly always remember that wood is a safe option to have around in terms of electricity conduction.
- The human body is a conductor of electricity so never try to stop any electricity flowing with your bare hands or body. In term of any electrical fire explosion, remember that it can be due to overflow of electricity in a single wire or if the wire is damaged then there can be an electrical explosion.
- When you are getting your house or factory wired remember to check that there are faulty wire connections. Electrical outlets must also be thoroughly checked in both domestic and factory settings. It is better to take precautions than to be sorry later on.